Midwest Dualsport Motorcycle Community 

Pull up a couch. It's cool in the Lounge. Just remember to be a good neighbor.
 #22077  by troy
 16 Sep 2019 14:48
Fantastic photo, Eddie! Speaking of Eddie, 6 of us were riding around Chase County this past weekend and who do we run into in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE? Eddie on his big 1200GSA! I'm pretty sure he planted a tracking device on my F800GS. Maybe a couple weeks ago when he helped me change the rear tire using his No-mar tire changer.

I rode about 500 miles Sat & Sun with about 300 of those miles off-pavement. We camped at Chase County Lake outside of Cottonwood Falls, KS. It's a small, scenic lake with nicely maintained camping spots and bathrooms. Camping is free!

A few pics from the adventure...

Believe it or not, in all my years of KS dualsport, I'd never made it out to Teter Rock before. Thanks for taking me there, Larry!

They are trying to save the old stone mill in Cedar Point.

A man was there waiting on some workers to continue progress. He gave us a tour and told us about the old iron bridge that used to be there. Then he pointed West and said, "there's another iron bridge just like it at the end of this road". Sure enough!

We enjoyed a lot of miles of this:

A photo from a dock looking back to where we camped. Tents are just to the right behind the trees.
 #22078  by Savage
 16 Sep 2019 19:55
I'm surprised you didn't run into any of the guys/gals out riding from the BTK groups.

I've ridden by that lake but never stopped there.

Nice pics fella's!
 #22079  by troy
 16 Sep 2019 19:57
We actually did cross paths with a large group. Twice actually--the same group. Odd thing was most of them didn't wave. Never seen that before. Maybe they knew it was me! :-o
 #22081  by troy
 16 Sep 2019 20:17
You may be right. Could have been a group of gravel newbs. Also I'm old. Maybe the young "punks" don't wave anymore. It's probably not cool.