Midwest Dualsport Motorcycle Community 

Are you planning a ride? Know about a ride? Post it here to invite others.

Best Weekend for a Birdman Farm Family Trail Ride

Saturday September 17
Sunday September 18
No votes
Sunday September 25
Saturday October 1
Sunday October 2
Saturday October 8
Sunday October 9
No votes
 #19498  by troy
 06 Sep 2016 21:05
RE: http://rideforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2603#p19492

Need to decide on a good day for a family trail ride day at Birdman's farm.

September 24 & 25 is Eddie's TC to KC BBQ Run event. However, history tells me that event wraps up Sunday morning, so Sun Sep 25 would not conflict.

You may vote for up to 3 days. You may come back later and change your vote until the voting window closes.
 #19517  by troy
 09 Sep 2016 22:10
It is raining buckets again at my house right now. I imagine it's going to take quite awhile for the Birdman trails to dry out.
 #19518  by bird man
 10 Sep 2016 09:37
I have had 6.4 inches of rain in the last couple of days. Surprisingly the creek didn't get out of it banks. A week of sunny weather and the trails will be ridable again.
 #19520  by bird man
 10 Sep 2016 10:08
I just went and checked on the creek and I was wrong it is out of it's banks in the low places. Which means quite a few of the trails are actually underwater now. I ended up riding kneeling on the seat with water up on the engine just getting down to check. That can be a bit tricky in the mud. To ride trails today you would need to do it on a jet ski and it would be somewhat dangerous.
 #19522  by troy
 10 Sep 2016 13:06
Oops! I edited the poll to remove Sep 10 & 11 since it is too late for those days and it's too muddy anyway. However, it seems that this reset the poll and the prior votes were lost. :(

So please re-vote and I know now not to mess with the poll once created. Sorry.
 #19533  by bird man
 11 Sep 2016 13:57
Checked the trail this morning. The short segment I was able to access by staying off the parts that didn't go under water I found no damage but lots of mud. My thought is the only way they could be ridden this weekend 16th or 17 is to have sunshine and no rain all week. So when considering a ride event date realistically we should be looking at sept. 25 or later.

This is a pic of what the farm looked like april 27 . I am standing at the road where the lane goes down to the big low water rock creek crossing into the big field. Center of the pic in the close background is where the creek crossing is. It is a mile to the trees in the far background that is where the big creek is and everything from where I am standing to the big creek is underwater. The water had already gone down a foot or more when the pic was taken. You cant see it in the pics but my corn is about 2-3 inches tall in the fields that are flooded it survived and if it will stop raining so we can harvest I think we will have a good crop.
This one is looking west toward the pheasant pens and buildings in the close backround.
Looking down the row of trees in the middle of the pic ,where the trees start to widen out is where the old cars riding area is.
 #19534  by troy
 11 Sep 2016 13:59
WOW! Looks like fun in an air boat! I see you are having fun with your drone, despite the flooding! :D
 #19535  by bird man
 11 Sep 2016 14:16
A handy "tool" to record events. I try to take pic of the farm every month or two to record seasonal changes
 #19537  by Savage
 11 Sep 2016 15:10
Whoa!! That looks like a huge river! There's going to be debris and trees laying all over.
I'm voting for Saturday October 1st.
 #19539  by bird man
 11 Sep 2016 17:25
yes the trail clean up from that event was daunting.
 #19587  by bird man
 18 Sep 2016 22:00
Week before last we had 7 inches......so by this past Thursday it was getting about dry enough .....then Friday we had 1.2 more. I started to check them today .....but it was way too muddy to ride them so just came back to the house. If the rain will shut off they should be dry enough by Oct 1 ....so I am hoping we will be able to ride that day.
 #19652  by bird man
 27 Sep 2016 22:23
The total was 2.1 inches. The forcast looks good for the rest of the week. I think the trails will be dry enough to ride by sat. if you all want to come ride. I will have thurs and Friday to get them reopened and ready. The dip we like to ride in the car area is ankle deep with water and I expect them to be that way for a week or two even with no more rain at all. So let us know if you want to ride on sat. . I will check on trail condition Thursday, by then I should be able to know whether or not they will be dry enough by sat.
 #19653  by Savage
 27 Sep 2016 22:52
We were just talking this evening about our Saturday plans. We're planning to go to a pumpkin patch soon and the RenFest one of these weekends.
If ya'll could post up if you're available this Saturday or not I think it would be helpful to plan when we could gather and ride. The more the merrier! :)
Last edited by Savage on 28 Sep 2016 06:56, edited 1 time in total.
 #19655  by gagnaou
 28 Sep 2016 06:50
Thanks Larry, let us know. And We'll plan on being there with the little guy if it is this satruday, next week, we'll have to pass.

 #19657  by bird man
 28 Sep 2016 10:20
I won't be able to check the trails till tomorrow But I am confident they will be rideable Saturday . So for right now I am planning on having the ride Saturday, October 1